4WD Auto

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
ok..I'm a little confused on this subject...when I put my X in 4WD Auto..should the "4WD" light stay on the dash, or should it only come on when it detects slip?? I'm trying to determine if it is staying in 4WD all the time or not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which selector do you have? 2wd/4auto/4lo -or- 4auto/4high/4lo

i have the 4auto/4high/4lo and in 4auto mine doesn't stay on, and never comes on in the auto mode, but i know its working cause of the front wheels spinning in snow, but when i am in 4high my light comes on

in auto mode your dash indicator will only come on when the computer senses wheel slippage and invokes the 4wd system

I have 2wd-4wd Auto-4wd low. My light is on all the time...in 4wd low or Auto that is. I see that both of yours doesnt have 2wd...are you sure its the same for mine?

i have a completely different systems than ethier one of you, i knew that but i'm sorry - i was going from memory, and as my wife sez thats useless:rolleyes:

i just pulled out my book and looked it up, and according to the books your both right (for your respective years)on the 97 4x4 comes on solid in 4wdh and 4wd low in 4wdl however the book does claim the indicator should come on in auto mode when invoked(this dosen't mean much cause programing can change from unit to unit) it may not on yours, as for 95 the indicator should be on constant (4x4 & 4wd low lights when in low) if the switch is in any other position than 2wd

Thanks a lot Tstone. Where are you located in MI?? You gonna go wheelin at Silver Lake in April?

i work at huntington ford in rochester hills and live out by clarkston in springfield, as for silver lk, i'm trying to work it out but i got 2 weddings around that time

Originally posted by TSTONE
as for silver lk, i'm trying to work it out but i got 2 weddings around that time

Do the ladies know? :D

Just Kidding man!

Originally posted by Yomie

Do the ladies know? :D

Just Kidding man!

continuing along this line a kidding it could look real reAL REAL BAD

one is my niece, the other is my wifes best friend;)

Back