4x4 Electronic shift switch connector | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

4x4 Electronic shift switch connector

Nomad767

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Charles, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer XLT 4x4
The locks for my pins in this connector have almost all broken out. Some of them had pulled out, but I thought I had put them back in the way they go. Well, I did not...luckily all I did was switch the function of the buttons...low button is 4x4 engage and vice versa. Can anyone get me a pic of the location of the wire colors for the connector? It is hard to find an old 4x4 in the junk yards out here, so I will put them where they go and superglue the back of the pins in the connector.

arco777

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
I don't recall which of these is for the buttons but looking at your connector's shape should tell you which it is. This is the connector side pinout.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 11 19.04.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 11 19.04.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 217
  • ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 11 19.04.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 11 19.04.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 207

Nomad767

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Charles, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer XLT 4x4
Thanks...the first pic looks like the connector I have. Wife went to Taco Bell Yesterday and apparently one of the pins moved over and switched it to 4x4 on its own. I just want to make sure that it does not happen again.