• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

4x4 Evolution.

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
just wonderin, has anyone else played this game? I have been playing it for about 2 days now, and its quite entertaining, cruising around in my white explorer sport, whoopin up on suburbans and such, the "quick race" option seems very unrealistic, but the career mode is very nice and theres a good bit of mods you can do to your ride also.

I'm not advertising or anyhting, but if you have a chance, try this out, its a lot cheaper than the real thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RichSport94

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Yeah I got the game for Dreamcast. It is alright. But I know alot of things that can be done to improve it. Here's a quick list:

1. Body damage, nothing extreme, just have a body shop option in career mode just like the car wash in Gran Turismo, 1000 bucks fix the damage.
2. I like the races but the should have a slow speed obstacle course, slow rock climbing event, and mud bog races, that way the game would be a complete 4x4 game.
3. One of my biggest problems is if you upgrade your truck all the other trucks in the race have the same upgrades. I noticed that when I didn't have a light bar and then I bought one and everyone else had one. That is kinda stupid you are always equal to everybody else.

Overall it is an Ok game. I just can't stand running into the checkpoit gates. I do it at least once a race!

Just my 2 cents.

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
yea, I agree with you 100%, I've noticed it was more like a baja type thing, long fast dirt roads.. but I kept thinking it was gonna change, guess no such luck tho eh? The game does tho, if you have a good bit of money in it, let you play with your own custom appearance mods w/o actually spending a dime from several angles, if nothing else, that makes it cool :p

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
I'm getting my full copy tomorrow. They got the first order wrong and sent me the windoze version, I have a mac. At least they were nice about it!

RichSport94

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Yeah I really like the upgrades. I love seeing my Explorer Sport with a 14 inch lift and 37s. Only if that was really life!

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
hehe, yea, even with its faults, I'm loving this, infact, I'm so proud of my effort on here I decided to grab a picture, but I made it small this time, so you can relax, for a change, my pictures won't flood you :)

new-2.jpg

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
I just downloaded the demo version when it first came out so it only gives me 2 tracks and an X Terra and Pathfinder. The class 1 and 3 Xterras are cool, so is the class 3 Pathfinder. I like setting it to rain and putting the smooth tires on and running around in two wheel drive trying to get out of ditches and stuff :D Matter of fact I'll just go play it now.....tee hee

Kris Guilbeaux

Elite Demon Secretary
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Nav, 99 Mounty, 98 Ex
Just got it a few days back. It is Very cool I just wish there was a way to make your Own bodys for the cars...

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
yea, I've been playin around with it, no matter what you do, you have the same options for each one, grille guard, winch, all the usuals, what I'd like to see is an add on utility for them to release additional vehicles like the old k5 blazer, broncos bronco IIs, etc. you know.. some of the vehicles in the load screens :p

ya know what would be interesting if we could sort of hold a get together in the game.. I have a cable modem, so I could probablly play pretty well, it'd be a lot easier to do than getting people together :p

RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
Sorry...

I played the demo and that was enough for me. I found it to be a pretty weak game. I've fairly good at racing games...Whoopin it up in Need For Speed.....But I have high expectations I guess...I'm into Counterstrike...a Half-Life mod and am one of the top 90 players on a stats program running in some of the best servers(claims counterstrike). But like I said, I was unimpressed and 3 days after getting the demo, I deleted it.
Thanks,
Pete

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
Well, I got my copy a few days ago and I gotta say the game rocks! Of course, I bought the 2001 Sport (in orange, go UT!) I already have a supercharger and other goodies: 317 hp right now. hehehe........

Oh, FYI for Mac users:
Up the preferred memory allocation to around 65mb for the best performance.

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
Hey DarkFox, how did you get that picture on here? I went to the replay option but I still cant get any pictures. I can get some awesome suspension flex shots :D

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
if you have the PC version.. just press print screen while in that mode, and right after yer done playing just go into corel or w/e proggy you like ot use and "new from clipboard". I've been playing it a whlie, hehe, its sooo inaccurate, it says my explorer can fit 33s on stock suspension NOOO, I can hardly do 31s from what I've seen, and I have a yukon with lke.. 38s on stock?? hah!

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
Darkfox1,

I can get the pictures into a program but when I try to save it and then open it it says it cant find the file. What type of file did you save it as? I tried bmp and jpg but neither worked.

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
I did a jpg.. maybe you need to flatten the image for it to work? I dunno, every computer is different on this sorta thing it seems.

93exploder

Reaction score
City, State
Lubbock, TX - Texas Tech
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 2wd
My gf is getting mt this game among other things for Christmas! I cant wait.

Blueoval

Reaction score
City, State
Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLS 4X4
Where can i downlaod a trial version?

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
nice clear taillight concept, heh, wonder where you got that.. did you use my pic and flip it?