• Register Today It's free!

4x4 help please

Jay801

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT & 02 Limited
So I did the brown wire mod 4 years back, everything was working great until i recently had my explorer regeared back to 3.73 from 4.10. Now my 4x4 doesnt engage and i tried everything I could think of including removing the brown wire mod to get it to work, but no luck. Anyone might know any tricks or info i could use to narrow down what might be the problem? Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance

So I did the brown wire mod 4 years back, everything was working great until i recently had my explorer regeared back to 3.73 from 4.10. Now my 4x4 doesnt engage and i tried everything I could think of including removing the brown wire mod to get it to work, but no luck. Anyone might know any tricks or info i could use to narrow down what might be the problem? Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance
@Jay801
Changing gear ratios should have no effect on 4X4 performance, which is governed by the Electronic Clutch in the Transfer case. It receives it's electric power, to engage it, through the brown wire.

Tell us if 4X4 LOW still engages normally. imp

Back