• Register Today It's free!

4x4 lifting

ncarrier0102

Reaction score
City, State
Walkertown, N.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 xlt 4x4
:exp: I was wondering if anyone out there knows the easiest and cheepest way to give a 93 explorer and 2" to 4" lift, weather it be a body lift or suspension. it dosen't matter to me. I am not looking to spend a lot on it for one and for two my family sometimes will still ride in it. I just want to be able to take it in the woods and play around a little. I have installed an k+n filter in it and ran dual exhauste to make it sound better. now I want it to look as "mean" as it sounds. please let me know.

thank you,
nathan :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me Too, Me Too! I Really Want A Good But Not God'y Lift, Who Sells The Cheapest Rear Axle Flip Kit And Should I Even Flip It? Should I Just Add A Leaf And Some Drop Shackles? Show Me The Way Of The Jedi! '91 Explorer Xlt 4x4.

For a first gen explorer the cheapest suspension lift is the f150 spacers up front and shackles and/or add a leaf in back. This will net you about 1.5inches of lift. You can also get a 2 or 3 inch body lift.

F150 spacers are about $13 each
aals are about $35
War153 shackles are about $65
2 or 3 inch body lift are around $125

With the spacers up front you will also need an alignment!

For a first gen explorer the cheapest suspension lift is the f150 spacers up front and shackles and/or add a leaf in back. This will net you about 1.5inches of lift. You can also get a 2 or 3 inch body lift.

F150 spacers are about $13 each
aals are about $35
War153 shackles are about $65
2 or 3 inch body lift are around $125

With the spacers up front you will also need an alignment!

This is the cheapest way.

thank you all for the welcomeing. I was wondering if you (Lt Jim or Dolper174) know of a website to purchase said items you were talking about? or maybe someplace that does it cheep? i went to Kelly's Bar and Grills in Kernersville and they wanted a little over $500 for just a 3" inch body lift. labor and parts included. not sure if that is a good deal or not. please let me know. also what about autohubs v/s manual? should i put manual on or leave the auto's on. what is your oppion?

Hey,
I would normally say to do the body lift yourself and it would cost about 140-150$ and take 5-20 hours depnding on how good you are and how rusty your X may be, but for 350$ labor I would let them have fun with my rusted together explorer.
The suspension lift on my X was just under 200$ w/ skyjacker lift springs, add-a-leafs and the warrior shackles and got 2.5" in front and about 3" in the back. It was alot easier than a body lift would be on a truck as rusty as mine and only took 6 hours.
When my autohubs started failing I put in the warn manuals and I like them much better. Much more reliable, the autos didnt work all that well the entire time I had them. But if you dont use 4x4 alot and dont want to get out of your vehicle every time you want to engage/disengage it then keep the autos.
and welcome to the forum!

thanks for the info. do you think 4wheel parts would have that lift? :exporange

Four Wheel Parts

They do have the skyjacker lift kits mentioned. It is a 1.5-2" lift kit with new front springs, rear add-a-leaf and 4 hydro shocks. The kit retails around $419.00. From what i have heard skyjacker is flexy and comfortable.
As far as a body lift goes they offer a 2" and a 3". These kits include: bolts, bushings, steering extention and bumper bracketry for around $140.00-$180.00.

hope this helps

ty i will checl it all out.

Back