5.0 AWD Drivetrain Conversion in Ranger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 AWD Drivetrain Conversion in Ranger

I took measurements before and after my 5.0 swap in my sport and saw no change in height

I jump between sites a lot to get good bits of info where I can. It was suggested to me "somewhere" down the line that I also swap out the T-bars for the monty's as well. Still thinking about that considering delexploder shows no height difference.

My intent is to use the ranger upper and lower control arms with the monty knuckles. I hope that'll work because I just bought new ball joints and UCA's for the ranger type setup. Also just got wires, plugs, wire heat shielding. Gonna do the seafoam before *I swap out the plugs and wires, half-n-half via intake and gas. Then do the compression check as I'm swapping out the plugs and wires. Really hoping that'll clear up the occasional popping from the intake and the rear under load.

Jumped under the Monty yesterday and saw something else that sucks. Looks like the differential is collecting moisture on the bottom half from what must be a leak somewhere on the pumpkin. I've heard that 5.0 awd's like to eat their differentials so I'm not too excited about that. I can pop it open an d look for debris, but passed that, I am not sure how to tell if there is anything really wrong or if I just need a new differential gasket. Not sure why I'd have to replace the diff cover, but I have also seen that suggested to others.

Back