• Register Today It's free!

5.0 EB Explorer Questions

DeerSlayer

Reaction score
City, State
Washington State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
A few questions on an Ex I'm looking at buying. (1999 5.0 Eddie Bauer with 136K Miles)

-Where is all that wind noise coming from on the '99? The huge EB wheel arches? The running boards? My '93 has significantly less wind noise at 45-70 MPH than the "sleeker" 2nd gen.

-Is alot of clicking noise from the engine at start up normal for a 5.0 with 136,000 miles? It went away after 5-10 minutes.

-Are the rims the same bolt pattern between a 93 sport and a 98-01 5.0 EB? I'm looking a new 5.0 and it's got some BAD rims on it and I'd like to put my deer print wheels on it from my '93.

-Anybody replaced the compass/ temp screen in the headliner, this one seems to be dead.

I'm sure I'll think of more, every time I do a search on a question I think of another thing to ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I just realized the 5.0 with AWD has NO low range unless I swap in a manual t-case.

Is that right?!

The clicking noise from the engine could be a dry valve or lifter. Start by changing the oil and use propre viscosity. FOr the compass/temp sensor start by checking all related fuses.

The clicking noise is most likely a leaking/cracked passenger exhaust manifold. You deer prints will technically fit, but will have a much larger center hole to clear the autohubs. I think the overhead is fairly easy to replace. No low range unless you swap in a 4406 from an f-150/Expedition.

Back