5.0 injector question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 injector question

Got a part number and price on them headers? Wanting to can my stock manifolds for headers but the ones I've found so far are close to 1,000
MBrooks gave you a link for a source. The Torque Monster option is definitely a guaranteed quality product. All things being equal, I'd certainly go that route. But I bought these a couple of years ago and at the time the TM's weren't available. At one point they were also about $300-350 IIRC, so it was an easy decision.

I'll be carefully checking mine for fitment before installing the engine so it's an easier approach than finding out there are manufacturing concerns while your truck is pulled apart and you need to get it rolling. Consider that as you make your decision.

My engine's supposed to be ready, so I'll get a better perspective on how they fit sometime in the near future.

I would make sure they are absolutely flat, and I would break the flange corners very slightly with a file. I used woven Kevlar heat shields on my El Camino, and they worked pretty well.

Don't install the OBX they are junk. Cost me 10-12 hours of pain to eventually uninstall and put on TM headers.

Back