boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump for help

i dont' believe it will do a damn thing either way

It will do two things, increase plenum volume which should increase upper rpm power and it will help reduce intake air temps by isolating the upper manifold from the engine heat, and we all know cooler air = denser air = more power. This will only fit if you have the GT40 manifold.

yeah I know all of that but WILL it fit my truck? Thats all i need to know. Anyone have any experiance?

Yes it will fit. I have one in my garage that i havent installed yet. You will probably need longer intake bolts. Hood clearance may be tight. You will need the one for the GT-40.

edit- ah, i see it comes with longer bolts. :p

I was hoping you would chime in James. Anyone know about replacing valve covers? I just want the nice clean look and i thought while i was down there that would be easy to do. Do just regular mustang ones fit or no?

Stang covers will fit... although you may have to modify/add on to the oil inlet. The explorer's is alot taller due to clearance issues around all the crap in there.

Plus you can't even see the valve covers in there. Spend your money on beer.

yeah. Im thinking im gonna spend the money on plugs and wires instead. Good but usuall advise given by the almighty section!

Back