• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Rebuild and Rest

tycmills3

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 AWD V8
Purchased the 97 X with 265,000 5.0 AWD for 400. Then i bought a parts explorer with a broken timing chain (sohc v6) so then swapped parts and then these past 2 months i rebuilt the 302 and bore out 30 over. Soon i will be rebuilding the tranny and transfercase and then body work.
I am also purchasing new speakers and amp for the speakers. They will be Kappa series speakers by Infinity and Kappa 4 channel amp by Infinity as well. Accopanied by 2 rockford punch 2 12s with a rockford 900 mono and a pioneer headunit. Now enough writing. Pictures are here.

6b870c84.jpg

8122fd0f.jpg
0af40f67.jpg
d45f0256.jpg
d3162b04.jpg
a6e6fd9b.jpg
bd0d0857.jpg
9ff1fe5e.jpg
54da6fe2.jpg
e114d872.jpg

And as it sits now
33f1ad94.jpg

While I dig the black rims and am thinking of doing the same, the green engine is a bit much for me.

I've been trying to think of a new system for my X. I used to compete in SPL back in the early 90's, but I've been out of it so long, that I'm not sure of what's out there. I'm not looking at getting into competitions, just something that sound crystal clear and has decent bass.

Well the kawasaki green is my favorite color, and with it in the car its not super green. and from my experinces i would recomond infinity, kenwood, rockford, alpine, or pioneer. and with those there is usually the high and low class of each company. like infinity has refernce(low) and kapa (high end)
its all about personal choice and if you like it thats all that matters

Back