• Register Today It's free!

5.0 swap on 02 trac help

Andrewgt40

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport trac
Hey guys im new. Im trying to find info on how to do an explorer 5.0 swap in my sport trac. Im so sick and tired of ford 4.0 sohc trash. German engineering 🤣. Anyways im looking at getting everything from a 97 explorer. I can get the parts for 480$ at the junker. Engine transmission, wiring harnesses, power steering lines, 4406E (obviously a big F no to awd) transfer case, ecu and other parts. I do not want pats. Thats why im using 97 parts. What exactly is to be done with the VSS? How do i wire this up. Also is a 2001 any easier? Like the speedo transducer and abs wiring? I dont know how to do this. I really want to get this going. I know i need to install a return line on the 97. But again i prefer this setup rather than the pats trash. My trac is an 02.whats the easiest years to install. I have no emissions either. Anyone got anything indepth and technical on the swap? Ive looked but found vague info. Like people saying you need this or that. Lol yes i know this lol but how about the wiring???? What will i need to do to my current turd to wire up everything. I want vss in the t case not that dumb **** ford did with vss rear axle to abs then to a transducer... Just wtf lol. Thats some porche **** lmfao. Thanks for the help

02 trac easiest 5.0 to install is 98-01 because they had returnless fuel
I just sorted out the VSS wiring on our own 02 trac project
Here is a link to help you out:

Back