For Sale - 5.0 V8 Explorer Express Supercharger kit, Tons of Extras!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 5.0 V8 Explorer Express Supercharger kit, Tons of Extras!!!

For sale I have a Explorer Express Supercharger Kit for 1996-2001 Ford Explorer's with the 5.0 V-8. Obviously this kit will work on any 5.0 with explorer FEAD and running coil packs.

This kit is NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION, and this is most likely the LOWEST mileage kit out there.

I purchased this kit early this spring for my V-8 swapped Ranger from a member of a Ranger forum. He purchased it BRAND NEW in Spring of 2009 and ended up going a different route and never used the kit (Pictures of the kit when new below). The engine I installed it on was a 1998 5.0, in a 1998 ranger, install was EXTREMELY smooth and painless. I've put about 3,000 miles on the setup, and it hasn't missed a beat minus a Crank sensor that failed on me (this is obviously not due to the blower).

The Explorer Express kit includes:
Front Accessory Brackets
Custom Upper Intake Manifold
MP90 Magnusson designed supercharger (Don't be fooled by it being an M90, it holds boost strong with a cam without problems up to 6000RPM)
Custom intake elbow to work with an OEM Explorer "Intake Turn"
2.3" (5PSI) Keyed supercharger pulley (Not a press on, can removed with a regular old Pulley-Puller.)

This kit was purchased with an MSRP of $3800 new and is no longer made!!!

I'm obviously not asking $3300 for JUST the kit, despite it being out of production, and most likely the lowest mileage example, because I have purchased a number of components to ensure safe running of this kit that I'm including WITH it as well.

WITH THE KIT, I'm including:
255LPH Walbro fuel pump
30lb fuel injectors
2.0" (8PSI) Supercharger pulley
A/C Delete Serpentine belt
AEM UEGO Wideband A:F Gauge and sensor
AutoMeter "Phantom" Boost Gauge (White faced, green light, matches the Sport clusters)
2 pod A-Pillar gauge mount for 95-01 Explorer's, and 1995+ Rangers)
The original install manual, and a CD with the manual in scanned PDF Form.
An OEM 5.0 Explorer lower intake manifold (Blower is already installed, sealed, etc, etc on this manifold, so you can just drop it onto your engine, I've taken care of all the rest by leaving it on the manifold).

My truck Dyno'ed 250whp/300wtq with:
5PSI
30lb injectors
255 Walbro
K+N Panel filter in OEM box
Catless exhaust (OEM headers)

Between me buying a "Summer Car" last month (2006 Mustang GT Convertible), which involves taking on a car payment, I've come to accept that I cannot have 2 money pits in spring next year while I'm house hunting.

Located in Warrenville IL, 60555. I can ship the kit for another $100 anywhere within the continental US.

Thank You,
Dan.

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

28044712.jpg

EE-3-1.jpg

EE-2-1.jpg

EE-1-1.jpg

d268d38b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Being an M90 at the core design, it starts to loose efficiency spinning much faster, and the smallest pulley you can buy is 11PSI IIRC. You'd have to get a different crank pulley to increase it any more, which would be a huge hassle, and the heat would probably start getting pretty intense. I've also read that 8PSI is a good safe PSI to run with stock MAF/TB/Internals.

Realistically, if I come back around go "Going big" on this project, I'll turbo it, or go with a built 331 stroker with spray. It was a learning experience, and a lot of fun, but it's time to move on.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Shoot me some more offers guys, we aren't far off in my PM's!!!

PM's replied, lots of interest, no bites still!

Back up top, This needs a new home, and I need to pay off my Xmas shopping bills!

Bump

PMs replied!

Does it come with a tune?

Does it come with a tune?

The Explorer Express X-Charger kit with the original 5PSI pulley was advertised/sold with the understanding that you did not need a tune. I ran the kit for maybe a month with no tune (Problem free) prior to upgrading my injectors and fuel pump (at which point I began learning how to tune on my own with a lesser known tuning product).

If you want to use the 8PSI Pulley and the Walbro/Injectors, you will need a tune to compensate. I never got my tune 100% since I am an amateur and was using the "Delta Force" Sniper software, but Henson performance, or any other reputable OBD2 ford tuner should be able to get you a base line tune set up with an SCT hand held for $400 or so.

Big ol' Price drop, $3000 for the full kit with the injectors, fuel pump, wide band, everything, shipped to your door!

My Exp is SCREAMING for a supercharger!

(aaaaaaaaand free bump!)

Is it still for sale? I will also send a PM.

Sale Pending to ahodges.

SOLD to ahodges

I know this is a really old post but is there any chance this is still for sale?

Back