• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

5.0 V8 Firing Order Diagram [Inside]

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Here is how you want to run your spark plug wires after taking them all off and not remembering how they go back on.

Attachments

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

south59

Reaction score
City, State
Houston TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 5.0
saving for when i get my 5.0 :cool:

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
That's odd. By that, the two coil packs are firing differently. I would think that they are interchangeable.
The firing order is the same as a Cleveland: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
Don

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
They are interchangable. How are they firing differently?

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
One coil is firing corner across to the other corner, and one coil is firing directly above, bottom to top.
If they fire like the first coil packs, two plugs fire at a time, and you could swap some wires around and not have an affect. Meaning that the 1/6 wires could be swapped, because they both fire at the same time, etc.
I don't know the details, just the firing order.
Don