• Register Today It's free!

5 12" SUBS???

Tyka15

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Hey guys im just about to pick up 3 more 12" Pioneer IMPP W304C subwoofer to add to my other 2 that i have. I was curious if i should hook up all 5 or that would be 2 much. Me and my friends are gonna build one sweet ass box and im gonna run them of an 800 watt VISONIK amp and an 1800 watt VISONIK amp. Do you guys think it would be too much or would you guys be like..**** YA!! Let me know...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:eek: :eek:

well since im into big bass and loud music i say go for it

i think it would be sweet

make sure to get pics

PEACE

sounds good just don't forget to upgrade your power source, if you can give the amps a good solid voltage you might as well just forgetaboutit :) i'd say the optima yellow top is well worth the $180

yea ull want a good battery, prolly a upgraded alternator(sp?), and a cap

jsut a few suggestions

PEACE

im gonna be running a 2 farad digital capacitor (visonik), and im probably gonna run a seprate battery in the rear to power it all. Just so i dont have to have all the juice sucked outta the one up front.

i actually have found that so called "lighting caps" are like band aids, i believe another member of the site has phrased it the same way. If your system is demanding enough juice which 1800watts + 800 watts = 2600 watts , and the rule of thumb is 1 fd per 1000 watts then the lighting caps won't do their job. Even so i still don't like lighting caps but thats just my opinion

Heres a tip, dont run 2 amps with different ratings to different amounts of subs. Get one amp that can be stable to at least 1ohm, D class will be a great way not to blow your alternator or cause dimming. Now I have to find out the ohms of your subs (when wired) and an amp that will help ya out. Alternators cost around $200 for an X...

Ok the 12" IMPPs have an RMS of 300W each. 300x5=1500Watts MAX RMS that you would want to run to them (if you dont want to blow then in under a couple months). So you take all 5, you can make >1ohm load(probally .75ohm load, since 4ohm subs can make a 1ohm load, like this...
4_4ohmSVC_1ohm.gif

I would ask myself why you are wanting 5 subs. Do you plan on competing? If so, you would probably get better sound out of a better sub. Nothing wrong with the IMPP's, I have one myself, but you're gonna want something more for comp's. If you're just doing it to have 5 subs, well have fun.

Im not really doing it for competition, im just doing it for the LOVE OF BASS!! I mean i have options, like i have a 2400 Audiobahn Amp but i dont wanna run that to these subs that arent even that great..the 2 i have now hit hard for the 800 watts goin 2 them (bridged) so...i just want a few more to add a lil more boom@

i actually must concur with ShadowA2J i love bass too but my 1 audiobahn blows the **** out of my ears, if you lvoe bass look into 1 high power sub , build the box just right and bam! best bang for the buck

I think the best advice would be to (if possible) sell your subs and not buy the other ones, then just buy two or three really good 15's and build a nice box for them and that will blow the hell out of 4 or 5 crappy 12's.

Back