5.5 or 6 inch lift with 35" tires pics. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.5 or 6 inch lift with 35" tires pics.

DUDER 1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
So i got a six inch lift kit from jackit, i installed it and i have alot of room. I was wondering if anyone had the 5.5 or 6 inch lift with the ttb with 35 inch tires and how it worked out. I looked for some pics and i could not find anything, i probably was looking in the right place. Thanks alot it just seems 33 inch tires are to small. Thanks again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Red one is running 35's

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_0696800x600.jpg

35's with the 5.5/6 inch kits definitely require some fender trimming. Not so much in the back, but the front really needs it.

I bent my passenger front fender on my 1st drive with the Superlift 6 inch lift and 33/12.50 going through a ditch

is that a unimog?!

yup

35's with the 5.5/6 inch kits definitely require some fender trimming. Not so much in the back, but the front really needs it.

I haven't trimmed my fenders and never rubbed anywhere on mine except for the extended radius arms. The rears come really close, but so far so good!

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

I like the JD kits the best, from research only, no hands on experience. I do good to keep gas in my explorer right now.

I don't want anyone to think I am attempting to highjack this thread, but it is kinda on topic.

Page 25 of Peterson's 4 wheel and off-road, March 2010. Number 7 middle right of the page.

Eastwood Tools Fender Finisher.

http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/fender-roller/fender-finisher.html

Anyone ever use this tool?
I mean it appears to be useful when you have to trim inner fenders back to fit larger tires.

My ex is only a lifetime away from getting a JD 5.5 inch stage III lift, paint, tires, rebuilt engine. That's only if the economy ever picks up and I find another job :rolleyes:

I have super swamper ltb 33/13.50 with my 5.5, with 3.73 gears, if you go 35 I would suggest some new gears. I also have some rubbing on the radius arms when making turns.
As for being too small, not in my experience.

, if you go 35 I would suggest some new gears.
i started complaining about the 31s and the 3.73s
or did i have the 3.55s... aw heck i dun remember now...

i have the Superlift 5.5" and 35's. They rub on the back of the front wheel well... sawzall will take care of that. The rear is fine with the SOA.

Here's a couple pics

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0192-1.jpg

I'm going to try this.This is 8"lift and 4" body with 38.5's
susan006.jpg

susan004.jpg

a 4" body lift is insane... not safe. That's a lot of torque on those body mount bolts. That thing looks useless... that much height and your asking for trouble. Trouble with the TTB, trouble with the Dana 35, and the list keeps growing. That looks so unsafe...

i second that. looks like if you took a turn doing 25 you would just flip it. that much lift is just so unnecessary...im totally against BLs in general. let alone a 4 inch one!

Do you guys know that trailmaster used to offer a aluminum 4 inch body lift?I have put over 45,000 miles on it since it was finished.And not everyone builds rock crawlers or mud trucks.It is fine for what it was built for.To drive on the street.No hack job on anything on the explorer.I have alot of time and money that went into the steering and evrything that was done to make it safe and dependable.And i have never had trouble with the ttb or the wheel bearings.There are a lot of explorers on here that I don't like the things that are done to them or the mods that were done.But I don't knock them because I respect the amount of time and fab work that went into them.Also without seeing them in person I can't judge the finished product.Alot of people should think about that before running off their mouth.I do mud it sometimes atleast I did include a picture of that.It all comes down to I like it and that is all that matters.

I had 33's and a 6" and mine still hit whenever I hit a bump. I also ran 15x10's, so that might have been the problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the Superlift 5.5" and 35's. They rub on the back of the front wheel well... sawzall will take care of that. The rear is fine with the SOA.

Here's a couple pics

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0192-1.jpg

:scratch: i think ive seen this one somewhere before lol :D

well here is mine i just aquired from my buddie that was not longer able to take care of her

91 ford explorer
4.0l engine(stock)
m5od 5 speed trans (we swaped in after goin through 2 a4ld auto trans)
5.5 sus lift with 4" skyjacker easy ride tj coils and 2.5 spacers in the front , rear is lifted by a soa (sprinover axle) and 3" shackels
sas done with a low pinion d30 from a tj
and its sittin on mix match 35x12.50
not many other mods but more to come

1266871458.jpg

1266871716.jpg

sorry the pics suck but its all i have of her right now but trust me there will be more :thumbsup:

Back