5.5" Super or 4" Tuff | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.5" Super or 4" Tuff

sn0border88 said:
Ill check the flex and see what it does with the trans case, maybe tweak it a little bit.

I think you mean the "Front Differential Housing"?

Here's what can happen to the Superlift extended radius arms. Never seen this anywhere on a Skyjacker or Duff.

brokenarm.jpg

I've seen more than my fair share of Superlift problems too. I've found most of the kits out there to be pretty much the same with the exception of Duff, Skyjacker, and more recently, Tuff country (Not to be confused with Rough Country). Most are crap (and are responsible for many of the "problems" associated with TTB and tire wear & handling). Supelift is no different here.

I'd also second the Tuff Country between your two choices. At 4" lift, your steering will be better than at 5.5, too. But if you just like the yellow accents on the Superlift... :confused:

does the superlift warranty cover things like that, also, ive never been one to buy a lift based on looks

Superlift will replace all components no questions asked if they should fail, so yes the warranty is good. I believe its lifetime. The picture above of the cracked radius arm is one of the first Radius arm designs. Superlift has redesigned the arms since then and are a heck of alot stronger, i have the newer designed arms and would never crack them like the older design. The only part that could use some work is the drivers side beam drop bracket IMO. But its easy to beef up if you can weld. A centre support and some gussets and its a different bracket. ;)

Back