5-Digit Factory Set Code 2002 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5-Digit Factory Set Code 2002 Sport Trac

alfredojr64

Reaction score
City, State
Buena Park, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I have a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac and I need help in locating the keyless entry system factory-set 5-digit code on the computer module. I did not find it in the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment as it's suggested in the owner's guide. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It under the dash or more of its behind the dash on the passenger side kind of behind the air bag. I actually had the code card but that's where I have read it here on the forums. Type in keyless entry code and many threads will pop up

1st link above is the easiest. I used a plastic spatula to pop up the vent cover and a strong flashlight in the dark to easily read the code.

Yea you have to pop off the vents on top of your dashboard and look underneath with a flashlight from the outside of your car through the windshield. There should be a sticker with big printed numbers which is your factory code.

Yea you have to pop off the vents on top of your dashboard and look underneath with a flashlight from the outside of your car through the windshield. There should be a sticker with big printed numbers which is your factory code.
Hi, good day killer12, tried to remove the vent trim which was so brittle and saw no sticker on the box. I ended up with broken trim and two bleeding fingers. 😊

Hi, good day killer12, tried to remove the vent trim which was so brittle and saw no sticker on the box. I ended up with broken trim and two bleeding fingers. 😊
It's there. Tucked up high towards middle of dash looking through outside in.

I have a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac and I need help in locating the keyless entry system factory-set 5-digit code on the computer module. I did not find it in the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment as it's suggested in the owner's guide. Thank you.
I took my 02 Sport Trac to the Ford dealership. They gave me the code. No charge.

Back