$500 towards a new Explorer for anyone in these 4 states with a 91-00 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$500 towards a new Explorer for anyone in these 4 states with a 91-00 explorer

bad.shimmy

Reaction score
City, State
auburn wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie bauer
if you live in connecticut, illinois, california, and texas you are eligible for a 500 dollar check from ford. apparently explorer's lost quite a bit of resale when the tire blowout flipover thing happened in 2000. as a result someone sued ford and now they have to pay.

so if you in those states hit up ford. ill see if i can find the phone number for someone that's involved.

you lucky *******s i'm up in washington and i dont get nada.

anyway it's for 91-2000 explorers.

here's a link to a short blurb about it

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aP4aQ8OpkH5E&refer=home

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do u know if there's some of that in Argentina?

Bah, towards the lease or purchase of a new explorer. Always read the fine print.

And to those who bought a 91-94 brand new.

fine print always gets you.

what they ought to do is find the folks who drove on those tires for thousands of miles unaware (like myself) and give them a trophy and a check. I went to get new tires at a tire and wheel shop and the tech told me of the recall. I probably put 30-60kk miles on those suckers.

I bought a new 93' Limited for my wife.

She came home one day and said that the steering is getting pretty bad. I was home for the first time in 3 weeks (out of the states flying), so I took it out for a test drive. I could not believe how bad it gotten. The front end floated all over the road. I took it to the tire factory they showed me the problem. All four tires had probably a dozen bulges or knots protruding out of the sidewalls on each tire. The back tires were just as bad as the front.

Title changed.

ooops

i missed the fine print on that.. but either way for anyone that could use it it's nice.

my bad on that

j

hahahaha;)

sorry didnt mean to laugh but i just got home from work. and needed a good laugh:)

hehe
l8rz
j

Back