• Register Today It's free!

5r55e bolt question

kubik1981

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
I have a 00 explorer xlt 4.0 sohc code e i bought with the motor out, i am trying to install the motor but the guy i got it from lost the bellhousing bolts. I need to have this thing together but monday so i can get to work. My question is can anyone tell me the legthes of the bolts and the thread pitch is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

M10-1.5xx

I believe the engine to transmission bolts are M10-1.5xx but don't remember the lengths. As I recall there are two different lengths. The exact length is important for the bolts that will bottom out if too long. It would have been best to buy them from a dealer.

I believe the engine to transmission bolts are M10-1.5xx but don't remember the lengths. As I recall there are two different lengths. The exact length is important for the bolts that will bottom out if too long. It would have been best to buy them from a dealer.

i really wish i would have, but the guy i bought it from said he had all the bolts but he didn't if anyone has a pic of a 4.0 sohc motor so i know where a little air cannister went on pass side possibly under plenum that would help me tremendously

VIS vacuum reserve

If it looks like the canister next to the lower intake manifold in the photo below then I suspect that you have a 1997 or 1998 SOHC V6.
VIS.jpg

The canister is the vacuum reserve for the variable intake system (VIS) which is not supported by the 2000 PCM. Also, the 2000 has a returnless fuel system with the fuel pressure regulator in the fuel tank while the 1997 and 1998 had a return type fuel system with the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail. The fuel pressures for the two systems are significantly different and the 2000 PCM sets the fuel injector pulse width assuming a returnless system is in place.

There may be another issue with the MAF sensor. The 2000 has the MAF sensor and the IAT sensor integrated into the same housing with a six wire connector. The earlier engines may have separate connectors for the MAF sensor and the IAT sensor.

looks just like that, so does that mean i am screwed because this is the only vehicle i have and mine is a 2000

what all would i have to replace to get this engine to work?

Back