• Register Today It's free!

5r55e shift flare help

Sp0rtTr4c

Reaction score
City, State
So. Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
04' Sport Trac
My shift flare has been getting worse lately so I bought valve body gaskets and a filter and oil and changed everything today. Sadly the gaskets looked perfectly fine and I think i am still going to have the flare. (new oil so hard to tell yet but it isn't as smooth as it should be)

What is the next thing to try? I thought about new shift solenoids but i don't know if that will fix it and I don't want to keep throwing money at it and getting no results.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Test each solenoid with a volt meter. I forget what voltage they should read, each one is different. Just a slow solenoid. BrooklynBay will know what volt ect

Test each solenoid with a volt meter. I forget what voltage they should read, each one is different. Just a slow solenoid. BrooklynBay will know what volt ect

solenoids don't carry "voltage"......solenoids should all (however)
have a certain ohms reading, and should ALL at least have continuity.

if you happen to find one without continuity, its bad....

best thing to do, is compare all the ohms readings, they should
all be close....although im not sure....some do have different specs.

:)

Thank you so much for those numbers. I will have to pull it back apart when i can. There is 111,000 on the trans, used for mostly daily driving but it does also see some sand which I know has got to be hard on it. Seems like 1-2 and 2-3. After 30-35mph it is fine, right now I baby it until I get to 30.

Back