5R55E VB Replacement, Need Help Fast...Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E VB Replacement, Need Help Fast...Please

brihan

Reaction score
City, State
San Clemente, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Hi,

I have just removed my old VB and opened the package of my "rebuilt" VB from Wholesale Auto Trans.

To my surprise it had an old (and torn) gasket on it.

I called and the guy said that he didn't have a new gasket and would knock off some bucks for me to get a gasket, remove the separator plate and R&R the gasket.

I questioned him on whether it had even been rebuilt and he said "it has been tested and all the solenoids work".

My question to all of you is..... is that what is meant by a rebuilt VB? I don't think this VB was ever opened. This can't be right, can it?

I am not confident with this VB now (even if I do put on my own gasket).

Please let me know your opinion and where to get a REAL rebuilt VB from.

This sucks!

Thanks for your FAST help. I'm stuck now.

Brian

Your description does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I personally would not install such a part - not worth the hassle to me. I hear good things about Central Valve Bodies....

Bk

X2 on Central Valve Bodies

There products are not only upgraded they are tested and they stand behind their work...While Wholesales' parts are a good price, you really don't know what you are buying from them...

The 5R55E vb i bought from them with the "tested" solenoids was full of dirty fluid and I pulled it from the shipping plastic and sat it in a container to let the old fluid drain out...After a day the fluid had a nice layer of dirt and sediment in the bottom...My old vb wasn't that dirty...And the seperator plate and gaskets were not the correct ones for my truck...

You will pay more for a Central product but you WILL get a better unit and you WILL get a knowledgable point of contact...

Take a look at their website...www.centralvalvebodies.com and look at the lastpages of their catalog for the updates and testing that they do to the unit before it ships to the customers...

In this case especially you get what you pay for...

Back