5r55s reverse servo broken screen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5r55s reverse servo broken screen?

rwt101

Reaction score
City, State
pigeon forge tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer
In rebuilding my 5r55s I found that the filter screen on the reverse servo is broken. Is that replaceable? I looked at several used ones on line and they are broken also. Do I have to buy a complete unit just to replace the screen?
Bob T

It wont effect the operation of the servo, its there to keep debris out of a small valve in the housing. I have never seen a issue with ones with damaged or missing screens or ever seen that valve stick. To get it I think you have to replace the housing.

I would remove the screen altogether and run it like that. It will be fine, save your money.

Thanks. I think I will remove it so there are no pieces coming off the broken screen.
Thanks.
Bob T

Continuing on with my rebuild I had to get a used direct drum because mine was burned up. The used one was in good condition and clearance was .060. I took it apart and replaced the seals and decided to put in the new clutches that came with the rebuild kit. When I checked the clearance the new ones were over .075 , well out of spec. So left the used ones in. I would have expected the new ones to be around .050?
Bob T

Back