5R55S to rebuild or not | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55S to rebuild or not

With that many codes it sounds like the connector is not seated properly. Before replacing the solenoid block you stated it “flared and shifted funny” you were experiencing the transmission communication with PCM to relearn shift adapts from clearing the KAM keep alive memory. Did you buy a OEM or remanufactured solenoid block?
Brad

It was a reman block. But I found out that the block was a late model block and I think I have a early model. They're sending me a reman early model. But I put check my old one and all solenoids work, so I cleaned it and reinstalled. Still no reverse and bad forward. I'm going to check pressures tonight but I think its a poor connection, so I'm looking at that also.
bty, thanks for the help.

Well I got another reman. Solenoid block in and checked the electrical plug. I think the plug wasn't seated as you mentioned. This time it went back together and tightened down as I believe it should. Now it moves but test drive wasn't, in my mind good. Erratic hard reverse, serious flare into 2nd. Seems like about 3k rpm it just let loose and ramped up to 4k rpm. As rpms dropped it would shift into I think 3rd and them OD as rpms dropped to 1800rpm. Cruise at 55mph at 1500 rpm. Brought it home and pressure tested. 110 through all greats at idle. The Wot test I am a little leery of but seem Ed test out at 225 through forward gear and like 325 in rev. So I think the pressures are good. How long would it take for the pcm to reprogram?

Well I got another reman. Solenoid block in and checked the electrical plug. I think the plug wasn't seated as you mentioned. This time it went back together and tightened down as I believe it should. Now it moves but test drive wasn't, in my mind good. Erratic hard reverse, serious flare into 2nd. Seems like about 3k rpm it just let loose and ramped up to 4k rpm. As rpms dropped it would shift into I think 3rd and them OD as rpms dropped to 1800rpm. Cruise at 55mph at 1500 rpm. Brought it home and pressure tested. 110 through all greats at idle. The Wot test I am a little leery of but seem Ed test out at 225 through forward gear and like 325 in rev. So I think the pressures are good. How long would it take for the pcm to reprogram?
did you fix the P0760 code? im getting that on my 03 explorer xlt

Back