6" Closer to GOD | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6" Closer to GOD

Nice looks good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent job,

And good for you for getting it all done in three days!

I read that you chose the PA 70023 (sport trac) lift kit...did you run into the rear bumper bracket issue? (I noticed the 2x4...)

I've got a 2002 Sport, would you advise having the bracket fabbed up first?

And good for you for getting it all done in three days!

I read that you chose the PA 70023 (sport trac) lift kit...did you run into the rear bumper bracket issue? (I noticed the 2x4...)

I've got a 2002 Sport, would you advise having the bracket fabbed up first?

Yes I did run into the issue with the rear bracket. I have the bumper on but have not had the bracket fabbed yet, so the bumper sits alittle low, about 3". you could try to have it fabbed b4, however, you kinda of need to see where you have to have it fabbed. Ive looked into it and I just need to relocate the bolt holes. Just havent done it yet. The 2x4 is what I used when I have the bumber and the ground effects taken off for paint.

That makes sense

It looks like an easy enough piece to fab up once I know my exact measurements. What kind of paint did you use on the tupperware? Seems like it would flake easily...

I dont recall the exact name of the type but I know it was Krylons paint for plastic. I scuffed the plastic very well and applied 3 coats of paint. I have 2 or 3 very small spots(quarter size) were it has just recently worn off. I believe do to the road conditions on the e-way. But overall has stuck very well.

I dont recall the exact name of the type but I know it was Krylons paint for plastic. I scuffed the plastic very well and applied 3 coats of paint. I have 2 or 3 very small spots(quarter size) were it has just recently worn off. I believe do to the road conditions on the e-way. But overall has stuck very well.

I was wondering were you dissappeared to. Good to know you're still alive.

I was wondering were you dissappeared to. Good to know you're still alive.

Ya Im still alive. Ive been really busy with work and my bike. My X almost died on Sun. I snapped my U joint in Lake Zurich and destroyed the driveshft when it hit the ground. I had to have it fixed up there, I was to far from home to have it towed home to do it myself. That sucked.

Ouch!

What were you doing to snap your U joint?? That must have sounded expensive. Mind you, U joints are only 30 or 40 bucks...not sure about a drive shaft though.

I was taking off from a light. Nothing big. I know u joints are cheap, this isnt first time ive broken one. Broke 1 on my mustang and my econoline 150. The kicker was the yoke on the shaft got split and I was 2 hrs from home. It ran me about $350 to get a new shaft and I had the mechanic replace the front u joint also.

Well, at least you got it fixed. I only know how much they are because I just bought one because I thought mine was dried out and squealing, but after a closer look, the squealing isn't coming from that...nobody can find it.

This gives me an idea for an interesting new thread...

anything new or updated? wheeling pics?

anything new or updated? wheeling pics?

Nope, nothing special. COuple of dirt trails by my house, but thats it. Still my daily drive so im alittle hesitant taking it to far. If a group of guys from chitown area would get together I would prob join them though.

Back