6 inch front lift for under $500 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 inch front lift for under $500

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can probably buy a used front kit for less than 500. with everything you need

you can see pics of it on my myspace page brad perry florida and you will see the truck on my profile image

...:scratch:...Can you post a link to the page where the pictures are??

and if we don't have a myfacespacebook?

you can probably buy a used front kit for less than 500. with everything you need

I got my 6" front lift with shocks, extended brake lines, everything for $50 at a junkyard (I removed it from a Bronco II). You've just got to keep your eyes open.

Note to self

Stay away from Perry, Florida. I don't post much, but this is the one of the worst ideas I have heard.

"probaly not safe but for perry florida its safe enough compared to some other stuff ive seen. plus the alignment shops arund here do the specs like you want them."

Are you serious? Just because you have seen stuff that is worse does not make it ok. You are going to hurt yourself or others. Two bad hack jobs do not make a good one. Actually, maybe we should leave it alone, sounds like population control to me.

I wonder why some states have lift laws?.....Anybody have any good reason? If not read above.

Sorry to be rough, but for God's sake, you could do this the right way for close the $500 through a little patience and investigation. Get out to your driveway and get that hack job fixed before someone gets hurt. Is a few hundred dollars worth living with the guilt of hurting or killing someone because you can't contol your rig?

Mods, delete this thread before someone else reads this post and does this. Or delete this post becasue I'm a jerk.

Well, I don't think this needs deleting and I already stated that it sounds like a bad idea. Furthermore considering there is no mention of a drop pitman arm the steering will be all over the place, but then again maybe not, with the suspension not being able to travel there may be no bump steer..

Although the title of this thread may attract guys wanting to lift their truck, I think the comments posted in here will defer anyone following these steps.

I pulled up your myspace but only can see one photo that appears to have a spare tire on the front or maybe you're running some setup with more agressive tires on the rear that I'm not familiar with.

Don't be discouraged or take it personal Brad, there's just better ways to do this and most guys with a few more years experience on the road and on the trails are trying to give you warning before you 1) hurt yourself or someone else 2) mess up your truck

Attachments

• m_c95392abd815478abb6eeaec1dc1c669.jpg
    m_c95392abd815478abb6eeaec1dc1c669.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,719

no my truck is two wheel drive mud truck and is very popular in perry to have 2 wheel drive. type in puddin creek mud bog in youtube.
i have 33 inch super swampers on the back and stock tires on the front. thats also a picture of the truck when it only had 4 spacers on each spring.

a two wheel drive mud truck. i needa get me one of them.

bahahahahahahahahahaha.

its okay keep lafin it will go through as much as a 4x4
and for dannyboy i know its not the safest but if youre on a buget like my it is decent

wow...i dont know weather to be mad about this truck or feel bad for this guy...hes gettin it pretty rough from everyone. yeah its a terrible idea but.....we can be more polite than this. has anyone bothered to ask if this is a street drivin truck? maybe its just trailered around....still not safe in the mud but safer than on the street. and honestly....for some of the mud trucks i have seen...this is by far one the better ones.....just google redneck mud bogger....im sure youll find something far less safe than this.

Back