6 inch lift | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 inch lift

Not a great pic but this is a 4" ranger lift, used only the front with 1" washer spacer under the front coils. For the rear, just a soa conversation. Cheap 4" kit from national tire and wheel...

View attachment 429513
What you have now, and a rear locker makes a pretty good off roader.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What you have now, and a rear locker makes a pretty good off roader.
Yes, Sir! I love this thing and it is very capable for what it is and the offloading that I do with it.

Not a great pic but this is a 4" ranger lift, used only the front with 1" washer spacer under the front coils. For the rear, just a soa conversation. Cheap 4" kit from national tire and wheel...

View attachment 429513
How hard is the SOA conversion?

How hard is the SOA conversion?
Like mentioned it was really easy. I bought the perches, flipped the axle and lined everything up, tack welded, checked everything once more and welded it up. Easy process. I made new shock brackets and used the sway bar mount to bolt the brackets I made on.

Like mentioned it was really easy. I bought the perches, flipped the axle and lined everything up, tack welded, checked everything once more and welded it up. Easy process. I made new shock brackets and used the sway bar mount to bolt the brackets I made on.
Do you have any pictures of everything under there?

Do you have any pictures of everything under there?
1652989365641.png

this is what it looks like, on the first post in the SOA thread. gives the lift that the axle is (5? i forgot.) looking at SOa for mine whenever i get my RC lift, and also probably on a 2wd one im looking at for a desert one... but not too sure... may just do a shackle out back, spindle lift, and fiber fenders instead... anyways sorry for the hijack!

View attachment 429544
this is what it looks like, on the first post in the SOA thread. gives the lift that the axle is (5? i forgot.) looking at SOa for mine whenever i get my RC lift, and also probably on a 2wd one im looking at for a desert one... but not too sure... may just do a shackle out back, spindle lift, and fiber fenders instead... anyways sorry for the hijack!
So it's literally just flipping the axle and replacing the springs? You don't have to move the shocks?

no spring replacement needed. you can use longer shocks, but iirc the shock moutnis part of u bolt plate so it canbe reused

no spring replacement needed. you can use longer shocks, but iirc the shock moutnis part of u bolt plate so it canbe reused
Sorry! By replacing the springs, I meant putting them back. I should've phrased that better. Ive heard of people welding, I assume the shock mounts, back on top. Is that necessary? Or is any welding necessary?

welding is necessary to relocate the mount to the top.

Sorry! By replacing the springs, I meant putting them back. I should've phrased that better. Ive heard of people welding, I assume the shock mounts, back on top. Is that necessary? Or is any welding necessary?
As Turdle mentioned, please read the linked thread. It’s a seven page thread explaining everything you need to do. Please.

Back