600 hundred dollar deck and no wiring harness | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

600 hundred dollar deck and no wiring harness

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
clinton,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 unlimited
I just bought a eclipse deck off somebody on this board,I will not mention no names.Well i got the deck today and there is no wiring harness or a trim ring,so i email the guy back and he tells me there is a wiring harness on it but you need a ford adapter{he must think I just fell off the turnip truck}It is just hard for me to believe that a 600 hundred dollar deck does not come with a wiring harness.Any comments?unless I am wrong and eclipse decks dont come with wiring harness,I cannot even tell if the deck works or not.Frustrated in Iowa

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
there should be a wire harness that plugs into the back of the deck (unless it is an unpowered headunit that needs external amps).

if he wont give you the harness, you could get a replacement from eclipse. i hope he decides to send it to you because that is pretty shady. hope it's not a stolen headunit.

<

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
clinton,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 unlimited
its got the scematics for the harness on the topside of the deck

<

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
well then he really should send you that wire harness.
if he doesnt have it, he should give you the money back.

<

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
clinton,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 unlimited
He just emailed me a told me he found it.I am real happy about that,but the trim ring is still gone.Later Brad in Iowa

<