6R60 hard shift after riding over railroad tracks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6R60 hard shift after riding over railroad tracks

kaw900r

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio on top of the mountain
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 xlt v8
07 sport trac xlt v8 6r60 runs good except if I ride over rough road/terrain it will start to shift hard for a little while. Eventually will smooth out and go back to normal. Is there anything I can do to fix that issue? Changed filter/fluid and was looking at software update but the dealership near me trans person says that won't help anything. I see the shift solenoids and wonder if they need replaced.

Also I changed all my Ignition coils with supposedly better coils in a set and have read that sometimes that could be the issue with them not working properly.

Grabbing at straws. t/u

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you tried a relearn? unless it is in the midst of shifting or wanting to hold shifts during that time. when you drive over rough terrain does it hold shifts longer? if so, it may want to shift harder if it thinks it is climbing long hill etc, so minimize time between disengage/reingage

have you tried a relearn? unless it is in the midst of shifting or wanting to hold shifts during that time. when you drive over rough terrain does it hold shifts longer? if so, it may want to shift harder if it thinks it is climbing long hill etc, so minimize time between disengage/reingage
I called ford and asked about a upgrade of the tranny software if that's what you mean. If not how do I do the relearn? Was starting to wonder if maybe rear differential is going bad

Just looked it up and will try the relearn tmrw.

T/u

Check driveshaft joints

If tires spin out it will start shifting strange, but if I have to stop and do something when I start it back up it is shifting smooth again

When i checked my fluid around the time this issue started i noticed the fluid looked to have metal and was wondering if i need to rebuild the rear differential?

Back