6th Gen Modified Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Modified Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New ST. Very happy

C2FA26F5-C750-4BEF-B51D-92CD3D938D58.jpeg

When i hyper dipped my rims and 50% front window tints 2021 xlt with sport appearance package. Ended up getting gloss black mirror cap covers and the covers for the rocker panels and rear life gate applique

E752D44E-BD46-4BBC-9A89-B4795D64BFB6.jpeg AE41416A-BDA6-4E70-9152-5EC5D9236735.jpeg

Got gloss black grille and custom mgp “explorer” red caliper covers, hyper dipped rear badges, and gloss black ford logo emblems on the front and rear.

032D8AEF-62AA-4997-8EAF-89FEBB932BA6.jpeg EA3EA70C-01FD-4039-91A4-FE29165EA789.jpeg 0738DFDA-C23A-419C-8B19-E11038233BC2.jpeg 846A220C-60CC-4B8D-B874-4FAA8C12FEDE.jpeg

Painted everything that was fake chrome or gray on the car black. Even the roof rack side rails.

Added running boards.

JLT oil catch can.

K&N cold air intake.

Cut off the fake exhaust tips and replaced them with black tips.

20210911_164412.jpg 20210911_164427.jpg 20210911_164510.jpg 20210911_164529.jpg

Don't see the running boards. I'll take your word on the catch can and CAI. ;)

Peter

Don't see the running boards. I'll take your word on the catch can and CAI. ;)

Peter
I got ya' on the intake and catch can but I don't seem to have a side shot since I put the running boards on. I'll remedy that

20220219_104301.jpg

Clever mounting location for the catch can due to interference with the intake
Thanks. The CAI definitely takes up that empty area on the 2.3 models.

I had an issue with the hoses on my catch can that allowed fumes to escape. Apparently JLT uses air brake hose with pinholes to allow moisture to escape. The gas smell would give you a headache at times driving the car, the smell was so strong.

I ordered proper rated fuel lines that have completely removed the vapor release so it was the right timing to cut the lines shorter and install the can where I did. It wouldn't really work there with the length of hose JLT provides. Too many bends and kinks.

Thanks. The CAI definitely takes up that empty area on the 2.3 models.

I had an issue with the hoses on my catch can that allowed fumes to escape. Apparently JLT uses air brake hose with pinholes to allow moisture to escape. The gas smell would give you a headache at times driving the car, the smell was so strong.

I ordered proper rated fuel lines that have completely removed the vapor release so it was the right timing to cut the lines shorter and install the can where I did. It wouldn't really work there with the length of hose JLT provides. Too many bends and kinks.
That's interesting regarding the fumes, I haven't had that issue with my JLT catch can

That's interesting regarding the fumes, I haven't had that issue with my JLT catch can
I was about to throw it away it was so bad. There are a couple forum threads about this issue on here and other Ford forums.

Here is a place to post up pics of your modified Explorer or Aviator.
Good evening everyone! New here, and tried to navigate through everything to find the answer but no luck. I have a 2022 Explorer 2wd. Love it! I bought the Traxda lift but haven’t installed because of a newborn. I’m trying to find out about tire size. I have the chance to grab some Toyo AT 275/70r18 for a great deal, anyone know if these will fit without rubbing on the stock 18” Wheels? Thank you in advance for your time.

Good evening everyone! New here, and tried to navigate through everything to find the answer but no luck. I have a 2022 Explorer 2wd. Love it! I bought the Traxda lift but haven’t installed because of a newborn. I’m trying to find out about tire size. I have the chance to grab some Toyo AT 275/70r18 for a great deal, anyone know if these will fit without rubbing on the stock 18” Wheels? Thank you in advance for your time.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
When going to a larger wheel/tire the generally accepted rule of thumb is to not exceed the maximum diameter variance more than 3% compared to the OEM size. The size you mentioned is more than double that at 6.8%. 255/65 R18 vs 275/70 R18 Tire Size Comparison Table with Graphic Visualization (inch difference)
It is therefore not recommended. It may adversely affect the Traction Control and ABS systems as well as putting extra strain on the brake and suspension systems due to the extra weight.
Congrats on the new addition to the family.:dpchug:

Peter

Old thread I know, but where did you get those mirror cap covers?
Hopefully the member is still following. He was last seen here March 31, 2022.

Peter

Really nice combo there! Just enough bright in the wheels to compliment the little brightwork on the body, and plenty of tire to fill the wells. IMHO this is the best combo I've seen. I'm not a fan of the murdered out, black on black in black look.
The rare off-road oriented ST. Wheel spacers on the way for a smidge of poke 🤙

View attachment 327896

View attachment 327897
How did you setup the grill lights. Where did you get them… very slick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you setup the grill lights. Where did you get them… very slick
You may not get a response from the member. He was last seen here on May 7, 2021.

Peter

Back