6x8 4 way and 6x8 3 way in doors?

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
ok i have a 94 xlt with pioneer 6x8 4 ways which i like alot give some great sound for the $ now i was in my rear doors today and i found there is a whole for a second speaker in each door now i have pioneer 6x8 3 ways in my closet and i was wondering would i have to run wires all the way to the dash for these speakers or could i connect them to the others in the door?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you saying you want to run 6 door speakers? If so it wouldnt matter because your radio only has 4 channels, you would be tapping into the the same wire. It would just be behind the radio instead of in the door.

yeah 2 in each rear door and 1 in each front door and would the 4 way and 3 way speakers have negative effects with one another? or not that noticably different

In all honesty I wouldnt do it. I really dont think having 2 speakers in each door is going to benefit you.

but the back doesnt seem to be as loud as the front when i stand outside the car i was just wondering thanks for the input =)

run a set of seperates or componets!!

Look on crutchfield.com, they have many sets of componet systems. Though I would now mix and match.

na 2 sets would be bad, they would sound horrible, especially when they get loud. many audiophiles dont even run rear speakers cause of the imaging problems. why do you even care that much about the back? are you ever really sitting there? if you do want new speakers components and an amp would be your best route. of course it would be the most costly also but if you were thinking aabout putting 2 sets in i doubt money matters that much...

ps where in brooklyn? i grew up in coney island

In many trucks the rear speakers are quieter than the front. Get some subs if you want more rear fill.

I live in bayridge and well eventually i will go for components and an amp but cant do that yet

Back