7/93 build date

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
From all the reading I have done it seems that 1993 was the first year for EGR system on the 4.0L and the first year for 2 oxygen sensors, right? Well my truck has a build date of 7/93, 2 oxygen sensors, and no egr from the factory. Is this common? Did I get a mid-year truck? Its not that big of a deal, but it came to me yesterday as i was laying back down on cold concrete looking underneath my truck. Just kind of got me thinking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is weird, apparently they didn't do both at the same time. It is interesting how yours doesn't have the EGR though. Maybe it was deleted by a previous owner? Except then it would probably throw a code, I'm not sure you can program out the EGR functions easily on a first gen.

Be glad you don't have EGR, mine has been screwed up for a few years now replaced every component, some more than once, and I can't get it to work quite right. I just said screw it and capped off the vacuum port for it and deal with the light.

oh, im not complainin about not having EGR. ive seen all the issues it causes. Im the second owner of the truck.. been with me for almost half its life, so i know it hasnt been changed. i always thought the dual sensors and egr came together? idk.

Probably cause yours is a 49 state model that did'nt require the EGR.

oh yea right about that. Think it might have even been back to 92 also for the EGR. But i do know that the 1993 Ranger 4.0 i bought for my X HAD:p: the EGR on it too and it was an Arizona truck too .

Back