$70 Lift, yea and it works. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$70 Lift, yea and it works.

I am confidant because I don't care

thats the worst part,who cares what happens to you.I would say its more the people around you when sh*t hits the fan. thats who YOU should care about when you do less then quality work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The body actually doesn't buckle or lean at all. When I initially did the chop and didn't have the bar it was amazinly stable, but all of the metal I cut off I reused in strengthening the back portion. Multiple corner braces and struts. the roll / buddy bar is connected right to the body. I had to use the bar to pull it off its side a few weeks ago and not a single problem. just to be sure the window wasn't going to break its only foamed in place, obvously the top is still has hinges but the rest is foamed.

Currently gathering enough pipe to do a complete cage and eliminate the rest of the body mounts.

As far as the people around, thats why I ride alone. My truck is my escape.
Something breaks I limp it back to town.

The body actually doesn't buckle or lean at all. When I initially did the chop and didn't have the bar it was amazinly stable,

thats what i wanted to hear. if you got a few minutes sometime would you be able to take some pics of what the hatch looks like from the inside? im trying to get the whole thing figured out in my head before i take a saw to the roof lol

I strongly advise against using the way I did it, here's a link to a thread in detail from someone else.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321604

Just make sure you don't cut past the fwd body mounts near the rear wheels.

There is a rather robust support where the body mounts are, thats where I went up.
xuo90.jpg

10zn3v7.jpg

13yqn28.jpg

You can see I also replaced the gas tank to a plastic one that fits between the rails.

Sorry no real flex pic. thats about half.

Back