700 Mile Owner Review - 2020 ST | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

700 Mile Owner Review - 2020 ST

Yes, “Deep Snow/Sand” and “Sport” are separate modes. Haven’t tried Deep Snow/Sand (hope I don’t have to for awhile) but Sport is definitely “sporty”; see my review above.

The standard 8” horizontal screen is unobtrusive and meets my needs just fine.

I find the standard seats to be firm and felt great for a 3 hour drive (longest I’ve taken so far). I find the inflatable lumbar cushion to be the most important feature (I like to sit fairly upright) and it works well, lots of adjustment possible.

With the prior generation Sport mode was separate from the terrain management stuff. I'll probably test drive one of these next week. I really wish they had left the larger screen option in landscape orientation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

............................ I really wish they had left the larger screen option in landscape orientation.
I think that would have meant having 2 different dash configurations which means increased costs.

Peter

Are you aware of customizing/ adding background choices for the screen? Is there a screensaver option/ home screen?

It would be cool if you could just have the Ford performance splash screen on or being able to customize the screen.

Are you aware of customizing/ adding background choices for the screen? Is there a screensaver option/ home screen?

It would be cool if you could just have the Ford performance splash screen on or being able to customize the screen.

No, there are no custom backgrounds. You can select between a handful of options for the baked in colors/themes, but that's it.

No, there are no custom backgrounds. You can select between a handful of options for the baked in colors/themes, but that's it.

I hadn’t figured anything out either- too bad. The selections are quite bland.

On a positive note, I figured out how to engage the massaging seats without using the screen. On the lumbar knob/ adjuster, click the center button. Works for passenger seat as well. Moving any of the positions activates the selection on the screen and you can see your changes. Clicking the button will get the massage going.

We went yesterday to look at the exact model that I have on order. This may seem trivial but my phone does not fit in the wireless charger. I have a note 9 with an otter box case. Just a weird observation. But then again, who knows what phone I'll have have when I eventually get my vehicle? Lol! Eternally in production!
Same here....Phone too big to fit. Seems like it was designed for an I-phone :(

Back