DIY stunt double
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Small lift and ultimate overland rig. Totally worth the price.

Cool truck, ridiculous camper for the size of the truck. Too much weight, too much overhang. I bet it is a handful at speed if it can even get up to speed. Unfortunately such a clean, low-mile truck has been ruined by cutting the pass through into the cab. If it was just the truck I think it is worth the asking price (or even more) but with the addition of the camper and modifications it significantly lowers the value IMO.

With a V8 conversion it would be a lot of fun. With the V6, it would be like the Toyota campers which can barely climb hills.

Honestly, it's a 4.0 stick.. it's no lightning, but it probably has at least 3.73, if not 4.10's. No worce then a loaded explorer.

I do agree it is a wide camper for that truck. It wasn't cut in the this would be worth twice as much.

You could easily get $10-$15k for each of these if you could separate them in this market.

Thoughts before it sells?
That rig will get you to a lot of places and probably do it very reliably. Collapsible campers are usually fairly light weight. It is a one purpose rig but so are RVs and I would rather have this than an RV any day. It would get me to far more places. If I had the space for it and it was closer, I would probably buy it. Having just 7k miles on the truck and camper is almost like buying it new. I really like that it is a manual.

Back