8-10 week wait on '14 Sport typical? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8-10 week wait on '14 Sport typical?

GillsInAZ

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Toyota Camry
We ordered our '14 Sport on 9/21 and just heard from the dealer they're anticipating delivery on 11/18. Seems far away considering he told us 5-6 weeks when we ordered, but now that I'm reading through the forum, it appears to be pretty typical. Is this what everyone has experienced? I would've thought the '14's would be rolling out a lot faster now that '13's have vanished from the lot. We're antsy in anticipation, this wait is killing us!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a 14 Sport same date as you and was told 6-8 weeks.

Im in Dearborn MI at a Ford event next week I will find out about any delays

We ordered our '14 Sport on 9/21 and just heard from the dealer they're anticipating delivery on 11/18...

Congratulations on ordering, GillsInAZ! Shoot me a PM with your order number and dealership name/state; I'll provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status.

Crystal

Looking for help tracking my 2014 Explorer Sport delivery. Ordered on 8/19 and now I hear 12/2 delivery? Really?

Was at a Ford Event in Dearborn this week. Spoke to people who work at Chicago Assembly. To their knowledge there are no delays on Sport's specifically but demand for Explorer is extremely high right now. Also this is the highest demand for Police Interceptors since their release so CAP is working hard to meet these demands.

Back