8.8 31 spline Explorer Rear Axle Shafts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8.8 31 spline Explorer Rear Axle Shafts

I recently swapped the axle shafts out of my Explorer for hardened shafts after I swapped my 4.0 engine out for 400hp V8. I never raced it or overly stressed the axles before I changed them out for the hardened ones. These have about 125k miles on them. I'm asking $50 for the pair plus shipping

100_0175.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see ya making that money back :) is it for more mods or to get out of the dog house?

lol. Oh just cleaning out the garage and making a small fraction of it back in the process.. There isn't girl in the picture at the moment. If there had been at the beginning of my project, either I would be single because of it or the project wouldn't be done yet. haha

More mods are always in the back of my mind...:shifty_ey

Yea that's what's taking mine so long to finish or should I say put back on the road lol cause its gonna take me prob another year or two just to get the stuff you cant see done then I get it looking good again:) btw those axles look good most are scored real bad on the bearing surface.

Can you get a little bit better pic of the areas the outer bearings run on? My drivers side is running on an axle saver bearing and has already started leaking out of the seal again.

Sure, I'll get some of them tonight.

Here are the pictures.. I can't remember which one is which but i want to sell them as a pair anyhow.

100_0191.jpg

100_0190.jpg

100_0189.jpg

For the record, the oil residue seen on the back side of the hub area is from the axles being stored sitting face down like they are now. I never had a problem with them leaking any oil before I swapped them out for the high performance ones and there is no scoring on the bearing surfaces that can be felt at all, just some slight discoloration where the seals were at..

Back