8" Sub? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8" Sub?

Yikes! That is serious! Where did you get the speaker boxes? Are they bolted in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What ya got in there? They solobarics??? When I travel back to Michigan for my brother's graduation we'll hopefully be adding to what he's got...

They are Kicker Subs dont remember the model numbers though. I also have that 4 channel Alpine amp running the all my speakers.

The boxes are made/molded to fit the ST's, the back side is completely fiberglass, I have a write up somewhere and it shows how to make them. The only wood is the front and sides. They are held in by the "L" brackets at the top and fit tight at the bottom. They are sealed with the stuffing inside of them.

I was suprised how hard (2) 8's would hit, I actually have them turned way down.

Keep in mind you basically have 10's back there. The extra cone area of those subs increase size by 20% so your pretty close to a 10" woofer! We were looking at those for his truck when we bought the jl 8 to fit in the factory box. They have prefabbed boxes that I'll have him get as I won't be in Michigan for more than a week and wont have time to build a box for him. That is sweet though. Have a link? I searched under your name for threads you started and couldn't see where you put the build at?

Keep in mind you basically have 10's back there. The extra cone area of those subs increase size by 20% so your pretty close to a 10" woofer! We were looking at those for his truck when we bought the jl 8 to fit in the factory box. They have prefabbed boxes that I'll have him get as I won't be in Michigan for more than a week and wont have time to build a box for him. That is sweet though. Have a link? I searched under your name for threads you started and couldn't see where you put the build at?
Those aren't solobarics, they're just kicker comps, so they're still just 8"s.

Tom

I never saw the actual subs...or the first picture never loaded...when you look at the pics with the black fabric cover he has on there the holes are square, I figured they were square and the top picture never loaded! LOL Yeah those are aren't l5's or 7's that's for sure!

BTW we never added to his truck, he got a girlfriend and backed out...lame! All of his money goes to her now! : ( Time as well!

Back