• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

84 Bronco II driveshaft

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
I'm working on a 1984 Bronco II that has a broken rear driveshaft. The shaft is a double cardan style, the tube is bent and the cardan joint is cracked so I'll need a replacement. What other vehicles have a driveshaft the same length?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Probably only a different year BII. No other Ford truck had that short of a wheelbase.

imp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
59 Ranchero F250 D'Line
I'm working on a 1984 Bronco II that has a broken rear driveshaft. The shaft is a double cardan style, the tube is bent and the cardan joint is cracked so I'll need a replacement. What other vehicles have a driveshaft the same length?
Do away with the double cardan, maybe, try a jeep driveshaft?

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I did away with the crappy stock BII driveshafts... I used 93 Explorer shafts instead. The rear shaft had to be shortened a bit to work, I am still running that driveshaft today with the 5.0

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
I found a 93 explorer at my favorite yard, I got the front driveshaft and the front yoke from the transfer case. The 1354 front yoke fits the rear of the 1350 case. For the axle side, I ordered a Spicer 2-2-939 flange yoke adapter. Less than $60 total in this project.
20200425_151926.jpg