• Register Today It's free!

9" lift and 35s?

Aquaman

Reaction score
City, State
KCMO
Year, Model & Trim Level
none
Doing some research for a friend. He wants to run some 35s. Is 9" of total lift enough? (3" body, and 6" susp)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be

WHOA! ITS AQUAMAN, ALMOST THAT THAT WAS JOHN....

Yes that will work, that is exactly the combo I am working on.:D

will the ttb, and 8.8 be able to handle 35's, 4.56's, locker(s), and lots of power?

Also, are there lockers available for TTB?

Search, search, search oh, did i mention search? :rolleyes: 35s will fit under that much lift, and with those gears... how much "power" do you or your friend plan on running?

you can get lockers for the ttb and 8.8

lots of power wont be tolerated by the tranny or the ttb d35

4.56s are fine

35s are pushing the ttb, at 35s you should either do an sas or be very gentle and make sure your bearings are properly tightened

The only issue with 35's will be the front wheel bearings, they will not last as long, take extra grease thru out the year, it is a small price to pay for 35's. As far as strength, the dana 35, and 8.8 are as strong as any, and the 8.8 you should have no issues with, this is the same rearend as in the mustang, but alittle stronger, a mustang has a spline count of 28, and the explorer has a spline count of 31.

35's and 4" of lift works. No body lift... Don't do a body lift unless you absolutely need it. I fit 35's no prob. Just get Perry's front fenders and they'll fit. 6 inch of lift should fit 35's. I know the front glass makes a big difference.

Well it's either going to have a Supercharged V6, or a 302 V8.

And we are contemplating the SAS. I just needed to find out how much lift. Trying to price this stuff.

If we do SAS, we'll use a D44 out of an Early Bronco most likely.

No, you should have at least 14" of lift!:eek:

Seriously though, a 6" lift and some moderate fender trimming will fit 35's no problem.

Cheers
Dale

Back