9007 HID Hi/low Install | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

9007 HID Hi/low Install

I just purchased a set of HID lights off of ebay, they are a hi/low beam design, with the low beam being an HID bulb and the high beam being a halogen.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBTOX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320185217528&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI
That is a link to the set that I purchased. While I know these are probably not the best quality lights, I figured for the price, it wouldn't hurt to try. I wanted the 4300K temperature because I do not need the blue look, I am going for pure light output. These will be going in stock housings and once installed they will be aimed. I decided that all the night driving I've been doing, installing a set of HIDs would be beneficial and would eliminate the need for more lights. As soon as the lights get here, I will install them and try to post up some pictures, both day and night if possible.

Dan

a buddy of mine has a newer f150 and he has hids in it that are both hi and lo beams. when he switches frm hi to lo and vice versa the bulb gets pulled in by a motor a bit to reduce light output. its pretty cool and i think he paid like 240 bucks for them, canadian funds. not sure where he got them from but i figured id mention it incase anyone is interested in going that route

Back