9007 HID high and low beam | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

9007 HID high and low beam

i found a website that makes the 9007 HID bulb with high and low beam functionable. they manufacture the product, you can get shipped for $250. i read up a little bit and found some talk about being careful because the high beam has to warm up and can also blow. is that to worry about here or just with the high beam HID bulbs that are a seperate bulb in 3rd gen explors?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would stay away from the bi-HIDs (i think thats what they are called, when the have high and low beam) Just get regular HIDs and if u really want high beams you can always wire some fog lights up. Both my Explorers have HIDs, in my 01 sport i don't have high beam but w/ the HIDs i really don't need them.

LINK? To website about the lights.

If you really wnt to stay with the diamond housings then just get low beams 9007 conversion kit and instead of fog lamps use driving lights as your high beams.. for the best usable light output, stay below the 6000 Kelvin range..

or better yet, make your own hid retro!:thumbsup:

website

xenoneyes.com...let me know what you all think. still not sure im going to buy from them, prob going to give a forum member some business instead.

I see nothing on the website that indicates what kind of bulb/shutter they use for a high beam. For $250. for a "kit" that gives you a 9007 High Beam I think it is a sucker scam. Stay Away!
HID W/ High beam is only accomplished by converting your present headlight to a bixenon projector beam light assenbly.
This Company or any other that that says they have a 9007 high/low beam kit isnt worth messing with.

yea thats a good idea. i think i am just going to get the low beams and then jst convert my fogs into high beams if i feel neccesary.

what do you mean? right now both work but i dont have HID's, but my highs are not bright enough. with the HID if i still need highs then i will convert my fogs to be my highs. hope i explained your answer.

The dual beam HID kits change the beam pattern by moving the bulb slightly in and out. The filament locations on a standard 9007 bulb are in different places and by moving the single HID bulb in and out just a little bit, the focus angle of the entire lens assembly is changed, just as with a standard halogen.

I have the 4300K bi-xenon, low & hi function as per normal, and work very well.
Installed in standard headlight with no mods at all, and i have never been flashed at night.
The kit cost < $200, and took 2 hours to install (mainly due to the headlights being hard to pull out from the front of the vehicle).
The light output and beam pattern are truely amazing, i was laughing out loud on my test drive the first night - it was like driving in daylight.

I have the 4300K bi-xenon, low & hi function as per normal, and work very well.
Installed in standard headlight with no mods at all, and i have never been flashed at night.
The kit cost < $200, and took 2 hours to install (mainly due to the headlights being hard to pull out from the front of the vehicle).
The light output and beam pattern are truely amazing, i was laughing out loud on my test drive the first night - it was like driving in daylight.

Why did you pull the headlights? My last HID kit was a Bi Xenon kit and I had no problems installing them from the rear. My current kit took all of 20 minutes to install.

Back