91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

When he said 3", he meant in the rear with the AAL/Shacks Combo. Also, he was directing that comment towards me, in which case I have 2wd, so i myself can TT up to 3", it's just not highly advised, due to such a rough ride. You are right though, 4wd past ~1.75" starts binding the CV Joints.

My bad I didnt see the 2wd thing lol. I wasnt trying to be rude i was just throwing that out there was all :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys.... I love this thread and I do have 1 request... Does anyone have this 5 inch setup done on a 4 door preferably 98-00 (i have) and pictures of it? I would be interested in 32's i believe.. 33's are a little too big but eh.. whats an inch lol.. Let me know if anyone has these shots.. thanks

im not sure about sports, I would do exactly what the guy did in the instructions to be safe.

Yeah, I hear it, that's the route I'll take. Got a heckuva deal today on a 19 piece impact wrench kit ($59.99! :D) as well as some new threadlocker and some PB Blaster, so one more week and my baby is goin up on blocks. I'll def take pictures through the process, hopefully they can help out with future lifts. We'll just have to see, haha.

My bad I didnt see the 2wd thing lol. I wasnt trying to be rude i was just throwing that out there was all :D

Lol, yeah, we all knew you weren't :) Sorry if I sounded like I jumped down your throat, just wanted to clear everything up.

Hey guys.... I love this thread and I do have 1 request... Does anyone have this 5 inch setup done on a 4 door preferably 98-00 (i have) and pictures of it? I would be interested in 32's i believe.. 33's are a little too big but eh.. whats an inch lol.. Let me know if anyone has these shots.. thanks

click on my elite registry link below in my signature

hey im jsut wondering if all these mods will work on a 96 limited with the 5.0L AWD thank you.

Yeah, I hear it, that's the route I'll take. Got a heckuva deal today on a 19 piece impact wrench kit ($59.99! :D) as well as some new threadlocker and some PB Blaster, so one more week and my baby is goin up on blocks. I'll def take pictures through the process, hopefully they can help out with future lifts. We'll just have to see, haha.

Lol, yeah, we all knew you weren't :) Sorry if I sounded like I jumped down your throat, just wanted to clear everything up.

Dont worry about It, I didnt take it that way. I just wanted to make sure you didnt take me that way lol.

90% of the questions asked are already answered in the sticky threads

look through here
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145744&highlight=add+leaf

Well, I was gonna say that I was heading to the hardware store to buy a bigger driver (totally sheered my 1/4" driver in half), but my dad found his old 1/2" drive socket set, so I threw a 13MM socket on a breaker bar, and that worked the sucker just right. Arms are sore as anything, but she's finally a little more even. It's a shame though that I noticed that all the shackles seemed to do was even out the rear with the front, which I guess is due to my 100+ lbs of subwoofer equipment in the back :rolleyes: I'm now sitting at a little over 34" in the front wellwheels, just over 33" in the driver rear, and 33.5" in the passenger rear (from wheelwell to ground) Hope to start the PA 883 Lift this week, and then throw my BFG 33s on soon. Thanks again for the help guys. PS I lifted it while it was on the ground, too lazy to get my jacks back out, and it seemed like it was a little tougher, but it worked out just fine, FYI. :salute:

"Remove the intake hose from the filter box and manifold. Disconnect the MAP sensor..." I'm reading that on my BL instructions and I'm slightly confused. I'm far from a mechanic, that's for sure, so is the intake hose the one that goes from the air filter box to the manifold, and is the MAP sensor the same as the Mass Air Flow Sensor? I stopped work for today because I wasn't too sure on what these were. Thanks in advance.

now my question is, when are people going to start selling this stuff as a package? lol

yeah you messed up, you need the 853 kit. I believe the steering extension and bumper brackets are different. contact customer service and get the mistake corrected before they ship it.

well i have the extansion from a passed failed project with a ranger from the 883. and for the bumpers im makin new ones lol i ordered the cheaper version summitracing brand. they dont make a cheap one for the 853. i had the money for the cheap one. i got what i need just wanted the block and the bolts anyways. wish me luck:D

All right, so I need some info before I pick back up for tomorrow. I just got to the part of installing the kit blocks and conveniently understood what the writeup was talking about concerning drilling out the stock mounts when I got the passenger core mount bolt stuck and the sky opened up. Luckily, my propane torch was able to sputter to life and I got the mount unbound from the bolt, but that's where I run into two issues. Are all the stock mounts like this, as in am I going to have to bore out all of them, seeing as the kit bolts are not full threaded; like I found out today, they start binding once the smooth part of the shaft contacts the mount. If so, how do I go about doing this? I tried earlier to waggle a 1/2" bit into the mounts and it just kept seizing. I only have a 9v battery powered drill, as well as a plug in corded drill, and they sure aren't any 18v behemoths. Am I going to have to use like a 7/16" drill bit and waggle out the threading or is there something that I am missing here? The last thing I need to do is have my truck half way to the moon like it was today and run into another major problem like this. Thanks in advance guys. PS. To anyone who hasn't attempted this project yet and wants to, I'm working on a better writeup than what is currently attached to this thread (in terms of the link to the 01Sport BL), but in the meantime, BUY A PROPANE TORCH!!! It proved absolutely invaluable in my case of loosening the threadlocker on the body/frame bolts. Hopefully I'll have all this done by tomorrow, weather permitting. :salute:

no you only have to drill out the 2 front mounts. the bolts are not threaded all the way because they're supposed to be like that....i didnt have a problem with stuck bolts, I just used my craftsman ratchet and a steel bar for leverage and alot of elbow grease haha. then again my truck doesnt have any rust on it. if you have a extra 100 - 200 bucks laying around you might want to think about going to sears and buying a impact gun.

no you only have to drill out the 2 front mounts. the bolts are not threaded all the way because they're supposed to be like that....i didnt have a problem with stuck bolts, I just used my craftsman ratchet and a steel bar for leverage and alot of elbow grease haha. then again my truck doesnt have any rust on it. if you have a extra 100 - 200 bucks laying around you might want to think about going to sears and buying a impact gun.

How did you go about drilling out the front mounts? I guess I should just waggle them since I have a puny little drill :p:

yeah I know how that is, Patients! I used a 25 year old cheapo drill. It took me a good 45 minutes but I got it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah I know how that is, Patients! I used a 25 year old cheapo drill. It took me a good 45 minutes but I got it.

Are you a doctor?:D

Anyway, body lifts are a big pain in the butt even if it goes smoothly. Just keep that in mind!

Back