91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

need help finding a lift for a 98 sport also what would be a good clutch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Man this really helped i spent an hour googling **** and didn't get as much info as you just gaved. Thanks!

Thanks this forum helped me a lot. It says that 3" body lift is a Ford Ranger lift. Will it fit on my 1997 Explorer?

Yes it will. The PA-883 kit for the Ranger is what you want.

I will be selling mine shortly, we are not going to lift wife's 97 now.

Gearing question

after i lift my 98 x and put 33-35's on it, how much worse is the gas mileage going to be and is it a good idea to change the gearing to help with exceleration and such?

I'm new here

After Joining just a couple hours ago, I've found EVERYTHING I've been looking for in explorerforum.com. This thread especially helped me and I'll be well on my way to "sittin' high" next week thanx to everyone's input on this thread. Thank you guys so much for pointing me in the right direction. I never expected to find such detailed and knowledgeable advice and information here. I'm really stoked about this site and I intend to be here PERMANENTLY!! THANX AGAIN GUYS!!:salute:

clk27us said:
after i lift my 98 x and put 33-35's on it, how much worse is the gas mileage going to be and is it a good idea to change the gearing to help with exceleration and such?

I git 13 mpg highway untill i put in 4.56 gears then i got 19 mpg highway with 33's.

It says though if you have a 1995-1997 then you should get the PA#853. Is that true or should I get PA#883?

You want the 853, I have one if you want to buy it, wife doesn't care if she has a lift/tires, so I am not going to spend the money on it now, lol. PM me.
Chris

Great Post!

This is a great post to help somone new like me getting started. It is rough trying to find your way around here, too much information to grab my attention. I noticed that it is an old post but it still helps to give me ideas!

Yes, that's the one you want. Just installed the same one on my 99 Mounty.

2000 Mountaineer?

I'm wanting to do the 5" of lift as described but wanted to make sure that everything would be the same for my 2000 Mountaineer AWD, 5.0L. Thanks a lot.

I'm wanting to do the 5" of lift as described but wanted to make sure that everything would be the same for my 2000 Mountaineer AWD, 5.0L. Thanks a lot.

I have a 2000 Mountaineer 5.0 as well and it looks like its all the same.

There is a ton of great info in this thread, thanks for putting this all together.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better shackles

For all you out there going to do the shackle lift, I would not recommend the warrior shackles because they are not a true 2" lift. On the website, they are listed as a 1.25" lift and an employee confirmed that with me over the phone. I looked around and if you want a true 2" rear lift with shackles, I would recommend getting these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-2-Rear-Lift-Shackle-Kit-/221224472183

I just ordered mine and they should be here soon.
If you want to go even cheaper, you can get some from here
http://copperheadfab.com/index.php?action=catview&cat=Shackles

Although I don't know how well I would trust those so I'm just gonna stick with the ones from ebay.

The one downside to getting either of those is that they do not come with new hardware. They are designed to utilize factory bolts and bushings. If yours are heavily rusted or damaged, you could just go to your local Ace hardware or hardware store and ask them for identical bolts and nuts. As far as the bushings, get replacements for those online.
I will try and give an update on the shackles when they arrive and if they are as good as they say they are in the description.

Back