• Register Today It's free!

'91 700r4 setup

ryf

Reaction score
City, State
Portsmouth, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT 4x4
I did put this in the Tranny section, but since most of the guys doing the 700r4 thing are off-roaders, I'll try here.

I have a 700r4, bolted to a 4.3, I'm going to run this in my custom car, until I put aside enough funds for a 350 v8 & th350, so I'm doing minimums to get inspected. I'm going CARB, no computers if i can, does this tranny need anything other than a TV cable? I don't see anything to hook up on it, but that means very little sometimes.

as a side note, can you run a distributor without electronic or vacuum advance? I know it won't run perfect, but blowing a few hundred on a motor (going from electronic to vacuum) thats getting dumped as soon as I have a few grand to finish the motor and a built tranny, seems kinda dumb.

the reason I'm using the 4.3, is it is HARD to prove ownership of parts, even if they aren't stolen, as far as the inspection goes that is. I have the title to the truck that the 4.3 was in, so I can prove thats mine. (its not easy to go to someone you bought a bare block from a few years ago and ask them to notorize they sold it to you, especially when they never knew the VIN)

My frame is coming along pretty well, my welds are good, but not so pretty in a few places.

Back