91 after's w/33's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 after's w/33's

I finally got my pictures. These are after pics with my homemade bumper and roof rack and 33x12.50's on 15x8's. The bumper is kinda hard to see in these pic's, I'll get better ones as soon as I can.
http://www.progressivelogic.com/other/explorer.html

mytruck1.jpg

mytruck2.jpg

mytruck3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really rugged and trail-ready. Good job! I like how you placed all of your lights too.

Hey guys thanks. I'd say Im doin pretty good for a 17 year old, I can save alot of money on offroad stuff cause I can build most of it. well except for tires and lift kits which happen to be the two most expensive things unfortunately.

How did you fit 33's on there man?

Truck looks awsome...Like what you did with the anteanna on the drivers side... I almost drilled mine into the body like that, but decided to mount it on the gas tank door...Its been on there for a month or two through alot of highway miles and hasnt bent anything..Ive got a picture of it in the B&A thread "Its gettin there" just down the page ...middle pic...Later
Jeremy

sheww

Wow with tires like those you could go 100 and turn only 1600 RPM :) pretty cool...really we gotta know how did you fit those sick puppies under the truck

The tires weren't really hard to do. The biggest problem I had was tryin to decide wether to buy another lift kit or to get the tires first, cause if I bought one it would be a while before I got the other. I decided that it would look stupid with my old 31's and 7 inches of lift so I went and bought my tires. I bought them at a place about an hour and 20 minutes from my house, that was my first mistake. My second mistake was that I didn't take anything with me to cut my fenders after they were on and I knew I was gonna to have to. When I got the tires on I thought dang I got plenty of room for them to turn, but then I turned them and they hit hard on the back of the fender. So I drove it off the ramp and found and axe handle that was lying on the ground. I stuck it in between the fender and the back of the tire and bent the sheet metal back just enough to get the tires to turn, the inner fender still hit but it would flex a little unlike the sheet metal. I drove it home and suprisingly it never rubbed once even in the u turn on the road in front of the place. When I got it home I took my reciprocating saw and cut out some of my innerfender and about a 3 inch tall half inch wide peice of my fender but you cant even tell it now. I used a little touch up paint to paint the metal where I cut it so it wouldnt rust. Now they fit great and I dont think I have rubed once even at full flex, well full flex isn't much on stock suspension but you get the idea. I figured since you see all these guys with antennas mounted on there back bumpers and on there roofs I try to be a little different. I made a little angle bracket to mount it, I dont have it wired yet because I havent figured how I'm gonna do it. mainly I think it's just for looks cause I have a small CB antenna on my roof now that I do use. Im wokin on a new bracket now that'll pivot on the side of the body and let the antenna swing from just over the gas door to back just behind the tail light then I can lay it down across over the bumper so when I go off road it'll be out of the way

wow

Shewwww too much work for me..... guess i will stay with stock wheels ..............-------------------> natural born lazy a**

Back