• Register Today It's free!

91 and 92 motor differences

Rwrighttt

Reaction score
City, State
md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 twin sticks
Hey all, looked for the answer and couldn't find what I was looking for.... So I'm swapping my motor out of my 92 for a 91 due to the fact that I hydro locked it. Both motors are out right now. I took my time with the 92 unplugging everything, but with the 91 I pretty much cut every wire to rip it out quick. I can just strip the motor down and plug the wiring harness etc from the 92 into it right? At least I'm thinking I might need the MAF and computer to come over with the 91 right? Thanks for any input!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd bring the computer over from the 1992 anyway. Ford might have improved the learning tables or something. But yea, everything should work. My 1994 has factory parts from 1989-1994. You shouldn't have to swap any sensors. The 1993 year changed quite a few things but you should be fine.

I believe the harness connectors (passenger side of the motor) are shaped differently & some 1991's use a MAP sensor (it's on the firewall)...

~Mark

I'd bring the computer over from the 1992 anyway. Ford might have improved the learning tables or something. But yea, everything should work. My 1994 has factory parts from 1989-1994. You shouldn't have to swap any sensors. The 1993 year changed quite a few things but you should be fine.

It'd be easy to do so I think I will

I believe the harness connectors (passenger side of the motor) are shaped differently & some 1991's use a MAP sensor (it's on the firewall)...

~Mark

Hmm I'll have to give them a look, if they are different I hope it's as easy as cut and re connect lol

~Mark

I just checked, this is true. My 1991 has a barometric sensor but my 1994 has none. I wonder why...

Back