For Sale - 91 BW 1354 Electric Transfer Case | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 91 BW 1354 Electric Transfer Case

Hi All,

I'm selling a 1354 electric transfer case (with shift motor) and transmission extension housing. It's from my 91 xlt with x50,000 miles. Daily driver and the transfer case worked flawlessly. I changed the fluid yearly and never did much in the way of intense wheeling. It never had any problems or trouble symptoms.

The transfer case was removed from the vehicle in March and has been stored (with fluid) in my garage since. I'm asking $190 for the transfer case, shift motor, and extension housing. I'll post pictures and approximate shipping weight in the morning.

I would be open to shipping but I'm in Charlotte, NC if you are nearby and would prefer a local exchange.

Thanks,

Ian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pics and Weight

Here are some pictures.

The Transfer Case and Extension Housing weigh 98lbs together with packaging.

I'm open to offers.

Thanks,

- Ian

Attachments

• IMG_20120702_173442.jpg
    IMG_20120702_173442.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,670
  • IMG_20120702_173544.jpg
    IMG_20120702_173544.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 744

Bump.

Since I've had no response, I'll be listing this on Craigslist.

Also, the price is now $125 local pickup.

Hey there, sorry for the late response. I replied yesterday but I guess I never submitted the post or something.

Yes, I would be willing to sell just the tailshaft housing. You are in Oregon? I'm thinking it will be around $30 - 40 to ship. Send me a PM with your address and I'll come up with a shipped price. I'm looking for about $20 for the housing.

I guess you will be using a manual t-case for your swap? I would. I love my totally manual (except windows and locks) explorer. Which, of course, is why I don't need the electronic transfer case...

I checked out your turbo mustang thread, very interesting. What's happened with it since 2009?

no worries, I'm not in a hurry. I would think USPS could ship pretty cheap, I don't need it here tomorrow.

I've been thinking I'll try to rebuild the tranny myself based on the rebuild diary floating around. how hard could it be right?

I haven't done anything with the Turbo Cobra. That projects on the shelf til I'm done with school. then I can get serious about it and make it nice.

FYI, This transfer case and tailshaft housing is gone. Thanks.

Back