• Register Today It's free!

91 chopped sas help

ssb360

Reaction score
City, State
philomath
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
So, I have read most maybe all of the sas treads and wow some great stuff, thank you guys for all your information.
When i bought my axles they came off of a 78-79 f250 ranger camper speacial(HP44, dana 60). with no lock outs. I also grabbed the springs too, which came with 3" block and a 1" aal for the rear axle, i did get the front leafs too. Now im at the part where im figuring out what leafs are going in on the front axle. I need to know what you guys and gals recomend to use or should i take the f250 spings and tear them apart and build my own. The only thing i have about the f250 spring is that i was told by a 4x4 shop that i wouldn't have enough clearance to clear 37"s, but i was reading cheapthills sas tread and he had leafs in the frond that were allmost flat and he was running 38"s. now im confused and need help. thanks for you imput

Im running 37's (36" Iroks) with about 5" of lift.

How much ride height you need will depend on 2 things- how much fender cutting/trimming you do and how far you push the front forward.

Pushing the front end forward even as little as 2" helps alot because the tire hits the bottom rear corner of the fenderwell first on compression.

For reference, this is almost 4" forward, 5" lift, and alot of fender cutting- i have plenty of room for alot of uptravel

attachment.php

Wow! if that's almost 4" forward then it looks like the rear part of the tire would have come very close to the door.

That part is kind of an illusion. Its the angle of the pic combined with the fact the wheels are slightly turned.

Maybe this shows it a little better-

Attachments

• gilmer1.jpg
    gilmer1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,370

Back