91' engine wanted possibly | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

91' engine wanted possibly

CrAzEd412

Reaction score
City, State
Berryville,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4wd
Hello, im thinking about starting a project with my 91' explorer XLT v6. Auto trans rebuilt a few years ago. Has a rod thrown through the side of the block. Looking for an engine for it.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

baseballX

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4.0 SOHC
Hello, im thinking about starting a project with my 91' explorer XLT v6. Auto trans rebuilt a few years ago. Has a rod thrown through the side of the block. Looking for an engine for it.

a 91' engine? that's a long engine... :rolleyes:

just messin' ;)

<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
I've got a 93 engine with 112,622 miles on it. You are a ways away it looks like, how far are you from the I-40/I-81 split?

<

CrAzEd412

Reaction score
City, State
Berryville,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4wd
where i live its litterally 5-10 minutes from 81 depending on how fast we drive :D , and 2 minutes from WVA by backroads. im close to winchester and martinsburg WVA.

<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
My spare 93 engine isn't a low mileage swap choice, but it would be a good place to start a rebuild. Let me know if you would come and get it for $200. The trans and transfer case are worth more but finding a buyer close isn't easy.

<

CrAzEd412

Reaction score
City, State
Berryville,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4wd
my dad still swears up and down we can get a crate motor for it from somewhere. Im trying to get one with low miles or possibly a rebuilt one.

<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
They are solid engines and finding one to rebuild is no problem. The cost of a remanufactured engine should be on the lower side compared to other engines. It is a basic pushrod V6, nothing like the expense of the newer modular and/or OHC engines. Good luck,

<