• Register Today It's free!

91 Explorer-boring

Goonowsky

Reaction score
City, State
Walnut Creek, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
I have a 1991 explorer, its white, and its kinda boring. It looks like a company truck or something. So, im lookin to get a budget boost or somethin for it. Any suggestions? I've been lookin around and i cant really find any budget boosts for explorers, only body lifts and i'd prefer not to get a body lift. THanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

f 150 coil spacers and warrior shackles maybe? they dont cost too much and i think you get around 2 inchs of lift out of em, just a thought, its a suspension lift too :) someone wanna chime in with some links plz

you could get a skyjacker 2" lift kit, it comes with coil springs and add a leafs

95offroadx said:
you could get a skyjacker 2" lift kit, it comes with coil springs and add a leafs

That sounds great, thanks. Do you guys have any links? that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot you guys! THat looks cool. I'm still open for suggestions too. And thanks for the welcome! :thumbsup:

http://www.tuffcountry.com/suspension_ford_ranger.html heres a 4 inch lift kit from tuff country, dunno how good their lifts are or if you wanna go that high but just thought id throw it out there ^^
before the site changed from what im used to seeing there was a way to make the lift not include shocks if you dont want them too

Ya, but thats a little to expensive for my taste. Thanks anyways! and thanks for everything. If anyone knows anything more about budget boosts for my 4wd bland 91 explorer please help! Thanks!

That first one u showed me looked good, with the AAL

White != boring, well maybe it does. If you're on a budget, 31" tires with no lift doesn't look too bad.
exsnow.jpg

sonik said:
White != boring, well maybe it does. If you're on a budget, 31" tires with no lift doesn't look too bad.

I didnt mean too offend you! Ur explorer looks awesome. I guess if i take it out off roadin it wont seem so boring :D

Goonowsky said:
Hahaha, is that 3" with 31"s? ;) jk. Thats a savage explorer.

Can a simple lift like the one i have abbove in the link be put on with just common tools and like a jack? Thanks

Yep, only takes a few hours with hand tools and a jack, and you'll need an alignment after which costs anywhere between $30 and $100.

Back